Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A Better Sync for your Handheld

I'm a big fan of using my palmOne handheld. It's become indespensible as I do training and conferences, and remembering birthdays.

I'm primarily a Mac user (my legacy from my 10 years working at Apple) and really aren't a big fan of palmOne's HotSync manager. It hasn't been tuned in years and doesn't have lots of features I'd like.

Then I found a cool application called "The Missing Sync". Not only have the folks at Mark Space created a beautifully executed Mac OS X application, this one really works well.

So what does this thing do that the palmOne product doesn't? There are a bunch of featurs that make this great for the classroom (and your own productivity).

Here's a beginning list:
* Sync via WiFi
* Mount handheld memory cards on the Mac desktop
* Drag-and-drop installation of compressed files (.sit, .zip, .gz, etc.) with automatic file handling
* iTunes and iPhoto integration
* Share the Mac's Internet connection, via USB or Bluetooth, for email and web access on the handheld

It's rock solid and well supported. Check it out.

No comments: