Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Discover RSS

OK. I finally discovered RSS. It's patently obvious that it's obviously useful to educator, student and random consumer.

My top 5 discoveries:
* it's built into Firefox (display RSS feeds)
* the acronym means "Really Simple Syndication" or one of a bunch of other similar things
* the feed is driven by XML
* it works with blogger.com
* it's the BEST way to get your news

I discovered that not only does Firefox on my Mac read RSS feeds, but so does a WIDGET for an amazing desktop tool called Konfabulator, or a dandy reader called NewsFire.

Right now, I've got a feed from:
* BBC
* MacNN
* Apple HotNews
* CNN
* Wired magazine
* and this blog!

Adding the feed to my WIDGET was as easy as copying and pasting a URL.

For more info.. Check out this site.